GPC, with its six yards 1-6 is the largest yard among IMCC group which has extensive Fabrication and Erection facilities with substantial workshops for both structural components and pipe spool manufactures and numerous medium and heavy lift Crawler Cranes providing services for the construction such as : Semi submersible / Jack Up Drill Rigs, Offshore Platforms including jacket & Topsides (Process, Drilling and Water Injection etc), Process & Pipe Rack Modules , FPSO Turrets & Calm Buoys and many heavy structures. A list of past projects can be found here.
GPC has 5 yards adjacent to each other with a total area of approx. 570,000 square meters and 390 meters access, of load out capacity 10-30 t/m2 jetties, to Musafah Channel and yard No 6 located at Industrial City of Abu Dhabi (ICAD) adds more than 176,000 square meters and 400 meters access, of load out capacity 10-30 t/m2 jetties , to Musafah Channel .Also , GPC has diversified its Fabrication Facilities for the construction of ‘Semi – submersible Hulls’ by constructing a state of the art ‘Dry Dock Facilities’ purposely built for erection and construction of the semi – submersible hulls.
Fabrication/Erection of ;
-Oil and Gas Modules (PAUs & PARs)
-Topside Decks & Jackets
-FPSO Components (Turrets, Mooring Structures, Process & Utility Modules etc.)
-Buoys (CALM and SPM) /PLEM, / PILES
-Living Quarters / Accomodation Modules
-Skid Manifold Piping
-Pressure Vessels and Heat Exchangers
-Steel Structures for Desalination Plant, Power Station, Oil Refineries, Chemical Plants
-Revamping and Upgrading of existing offshore facilities
-Also, provides Specialized Painting and Coating, Insulation, Passive Fire Protection services.
-Fabrication/Erection, Supply and Maintenance of Port Container Handling Cranes such as;
-Ship to Shore (STS) Cranes
-Rubber Tyred Gantry (RTG) Cranes
- Hook-ups and revamping, application of protective coatings, electrical and instrumentation work.
- Yard logistics and marine base services to client in the offshore/onshore oil and gas industry, such as berthing, repair and maintenance of clients vessels, barges, jack-ups and other marine equipment, storage, loading, unloading, transportation, providing personnel and equipment to meet clients temporary needs and other general logistics requirements.
- Shutdown and maintenance work offshore and onshore in oil fields, platforms petrochemical plants and refineries.
ELABORATION ON GPC’S CAPABILITIES IN THE E&I FIELDS
The IMCC Electrical Instrumentation and Maintenance Department provides the corporation with all the necessary equipment and technical skills required to enable us to provide our Clients with a first class E&I service. These services encompass handling of all the organization’s product lines as well as the Electrical and Instrumentation work scopes. This includes Completion works, Pre-commissioning and commissioning activities through to Operational Testing and Hand-over to Clients.
The E&I department has a fully equipped modern laboratory for the calibration of instruments as well as the measuring and testing of equipment. All calibrations are recorded and controlled in accordance with the requirements of our internal quality management systems (ISO 9001:2000), other international norms and standards, or as per clients’ recommendations.
Key figures achieved on previous projects
- Cable tray/ladder installation - up to 1200 m per week
- Cable pulling 15000 m various cable sizes average per week (HV, LV, Instrument, and telecom)
- Average of 3000 termination points per week
- Erection of 800m of tubing per week
- Erection of various types of instruments & control valves
- Erection and verification of various types of HV & LV Switch Gears & Panels, Transformers, and Fixtures
- Erection of Electrical Heat tracing
- Cable Megger testing
- Tubing pressure test
- QA/QC inspection of material and construction works
- Instruments Measurement/Calibration Services for Pressure, Level, temperature, Torque and Dimension control
- Instrumentation Maintenance
- Control Panels/Station Maintenance
- Loop Checking & in-situ calibration
- Pop Testing of Safety Relief Valves and Seat and Body testing of valves
- Safety Control Systems items installations and testing.